Junior School Teacher
An opportunity exists for an energetic educator to join a supportive Junior School team in the role of Year 6 teacher.
This is a fulltime permanent position commencing January 2021.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia, be a qualified teacher and have Queensland College of Teachers registration (or be able to obtain registration). The successful candidate will need to be registered to teach in Queensland at the time of employment.
The successful applicant must have the capacity to teach Year 6 or other senior primary classes.
Applicants should have:
- a passion for working with young people;
- excellent knowledge of the Australian Curriculum and contemporary curriculum issues;
- the desire to lead a performance agenda that maximises the achievement for all students;
- confidence when using ICT;
- an understanding of contemporary pastoral care approaches including Positive Education;
- the ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- effective communication skills.
All staff are expected to contribute to the wider life of the school through their participation in extra-curricular activities.
The school has a large residential community of over 200 students, staff and their families who live on campus. A relocation allowance is available for staff that do not reside locally, and some rental offset arrangements may be negotiated on a case by case basis.
Lunch is provided in the Dining Hall for staff at no cost.
The City of Charters Towers is an educational hub for northern Australia with three Co-Educational Day and Boarding Schools, three State Primary Schools, a State High School and a School of Distance Education. The education sector is the second-highest employer in the City.
Further information may be obtained by contacting the Academic Dean at:
Applications close 4:00 pm Friday 27 November 2020.
The School reserves the right to appoint a person by invitation.